Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Grieving the loss of a child

I havent written in awhile. Not much I have left to say that I havent already said.  he was extraordinary. My pain never eases. I feel lost in my life and can't even seem to muddle through these days.
I think I will post some of the things his peers said about him right after his death.  He was about to turn 22 and was a friend to all and a father to one amazing little girl who misses him as much as I do.

One of his best friends the day he died wrote:

David Daniel Dawson was a well known kid, from his high school antics to fixing your computer, or anything else you may need. Known affectionately to many as simply "Dawson", he was a kid with a bright and happy personality, and a disposition as cheerful as santa claus himself. He will be greatly missed, and i ask that you all come to at least one of the four viewing times and/or the funeral. I love you Dawson... Rest In Peace


dawson's death shows me how karma doesn't exist because there is not one bad thing i can say about him, he did everything and anything he could for people. he had no bad karma whatsoever. his death completely disproves an entire religion. i cant find anything bad to say about him at all and neither can anyone else. the memories and jokes and stories will stay with me forever and his legend will live on in each and everyone of us.

i'll never forget that contagious smile.

It's been three hours since I've been at your wake.. I'm still in shock, disbelief, hurt.. so many things going on inside of me. I can't believe it. I know we haven't talked for a while, but damn you affected my life in so many ways. I remember, having moved to bay shore in the 7th grade and being ignored for my first year, how in the eight grade.. you had came up to me, in home ec, and told me wh...y I was by myself.. how I was so beautiful.. then we had a tumultuous, yet fun, two year relationship after. My first boyfriend, my first love. You gave me the confidence to to not care about what others thought about me. You made me meet so many new and different people.. my God David, you had such a beautiful personality... I wish we could have stayed in touch. I will miss you so much and thank you for being in my life






 
I've posted on here before but I just felt like sharing something with everyone. I believe that Dawson was always to good for this earth, that he was a bird, a free spirit, that he is where he belongs even if it is hurting us. I was sitting in the airport yesterday waiting for my flight in Kansas when out of nowhere this little sparrow starts flying around inside the airport and lands on my lap.... The lyrics "his eye is on the sparrow, and he watches over me" came to mind. I believe in some way Dawson sent that bird to land on my lap reminding me that he is watching over me, and everyone else. He was almost everyone's best friend but now he is our guardian angel and I know he will do a good job of watching over us all.

i cant believe it...everyone knew david dawson...even if they didnt really know him. There was once a year book segment---it should have said...You know youre in Bay Shore if....you see David Dawson. Bay shore will never be the same. RIP you will be SOOOO missed

 
If you met Dawson and didn't like him, it was because you were either trying not to, or because he hit on your girlfriend/ sister/ mother/ grandmother. He was a shameless ladies man, through and through and there are probably hundreds of girls out there with broken hearts after this tragedy. Though at times he was the funnest and most immature person ever, when it came down to it he was wise beyon...d his years. When he found out that he was having a child, instead of pulling his hair out and running around trying to figure out a way out of it, he was so happy and excited. He loved little Alexis more than anything in this world...his little peanut he would call her. I wish that I had found more time to share with him, because I was truly blessed to have met him and for him to call me a friend. I can't think of any other person in our community that left such an impact on so many people. All of Bayshore is in mourning right now because we have all lost a great friend.
 
 
What can I say, we grew up together, saw him almost every day for 4 years at one point. Always made me smile and somehow made FYE looked so much brighter on boring slow days. Always a happy loving caring person with compassion and respect. He was no more a stranger then someone's mother and father. Bugging me everyday for airheads, and playing DDR. He was their for everyone and was truly a legend of Bay Shore, and many other towns. God only knows how far his dorky ways have reached and touched so many. Dawson you were truly a great man.
 
 
i'm goinna miss our drives around the block with jeffy. ill miss our talks. ill miss your happy and positive personlaity. ur smile and your laughter. u made eveyone feel loved and happy to be alive. why did this happen?
 
 
unconditionally. The same way he loves you. I wish I had the priviledge of meeting David and thanking him personally for his kindness and compassion he displayed to my daughter. Some of you will have to wait until you have children of your own to know the gratitude I feel towards David. Some already know. I send sincere condolences to the Dawson family, especially David's mom who had the hono...r of carrying David in her womb while God was forming his whole being. I also thank her for raising a son who was not afraid to do honorable things despite peer pressure all around him. I am so sorry for your great loss. I close this with great love, sadness and anticipation. God Bless you. I am Mommy K.
 
 
I can't believe this happened. So many of my childhood memories involve David. I wish I could thank him for making school bearable with his ability to cheer anyone up. I'll miss him a ton and send my condolences to his entire family.
 
 
Dawson was such an amazing person and father.. he loved his daughter soo much.. he was such a nice guy.. no matter what mood i was in he could always make me laugh and brighten me up.. u could never be in a bad mood around him.. im gonna miss him so much and im sure everyone that has ever known him will miss him dearly.. Rest In Peace Dawson !! we love youuu
 
I miss him so much,
from the moment we met he showed me what a big brother was.
His hugs were something i cherished and the conversations we could carry on.

I really wish this was just a dream.
Rest in Peace david♥
i miss you so incredibly much.
 
 
These are just a few for now.  THey make me proud they make me weep, i feel so drained its time for sleep


1 comment:

  1. What a precious son you have Fran. So many testimonies to the sweet and fun son you have must truly bless your heart. I surely hope your David has gotten to know my Merry Katherine by now. It sounds like they are very much alike, free spirits full of life, full of laughter and spunk, and full of love for all around them. I love the experience with the sparrow, and the view of "I believe that Dawson was always to good for this earth, that he was a bird, a free spirit, that he is where he belongs even if it is hurting us." Thank you for sharing your son with us. ~Much love to you~

    ReplyDelete